From NAE4-HA Newsletter – February 10, 2016
Learning is an essential function and outcome of 4-H youth development experiences. I am excited to announce that the 2016 E-Academy professional development series will focus on learning. The Role of Learning in Positive Youth Development will be a 10 session online professional development series taking place from March 30 April 27, 2016.
The e-academy is free and requires pre-registration. Registration is:
More information about the sessions will be added as it becomes available.
Please promote this opportunity to all of the target audiences listed below.
This e-academy will be an in-depth, targeted online professional development series designed for 4-H and other youth development professionals. The focus will be on intentional learning experiences in youth development settings. Tied together, the sessions will address the what, why and how of learning.
- Participants will understand the key theories of intentional learning experiences in non formal youth development programs.
- Participants will become aware of best practices related to planning, implementing and evaluating learning experiences.
- Field level 4-H youth development professionals
- State level 4-H youth development professionals
- Youth development professionals from partner organizations
- 10 one hour live Interactive webinar style presentations spread over several weeks
- Poster sessions (pre-recorded 3-8 minutes videos, narrated presentations, etc.) that highlight best practices in learning in practice, evaluation results, impacts from people in the field
2016 E-Academy Sessions (all times eastern)
March 30 12pm
#1 The Role of Learning in Positive Youth Development: An Introduction
March 30 2pm
#2 Planning and assessing the learning experience
April 5 12pm
#3 Creating a learning environment
April 5 2pm
#4 Meeting learners where they are
April 20 12pm
#5 From learning to skill development
April 20 2pm
#6 The what, why and how of experiential learning and related learning delivery models
April 25 12pm
#7 Preparing and training learning facilitators (volunteers and staff)
April 25 2pm
#8 Reaching new audiences with relevant learning experiences
April 27 12pm
#9 How does learning fit into the overall PYD program model?
April 27 2pm
#10 The Role of Learning in PYD: Implementation and Conclusion
The 2016 E-Academy is brought to you by 4-H National Headquarters in partnership with National 4-H Council and the National Association of Extension 4-H Agents.