By Linda Gilmore, editor, publishing unit
Undergraduate students and faculty in agricultural education were in Fargo, North Dakota, October 6–8 to participate in the North Central American Association for Agricultural Education conference.
Zachary Callaghan and Caitlin Dreher, both juniors in agricultural education, represented K-State extremely well at the conference. They competed against professors and graduate students in several areas. The two undergraduates received the following awards:
* First Runner-Up Research Presentation — Zachary Callaghan and Gaea Hock ’03, ’08, associate professor of agricultural education
* Outstanding Research Poster — Caitlin Dreher and Gaea Hock
* Outstanding Innovative Idea Poster — Zachary Callaghan, Gaea Hock and Brandie Disberger ’01,’03, agricultural education instructor.
Gaea Hock and Zachary Callaghan attended the International Conference on Educational Innovation in Agrarian Topics in Lima, Peru, Oct. 16–23. They presented the following posters:
- Meyers, C. Hock, G. & Redwine, T. Student perceptions of receiving video feedback on assignments.
- Hock, G., Disberger, B., & Ulmer, J. Lessons Learned from Corn-Focused High Impact Learning Opportunities (HILOs).
- Callaghan, Z. & Hock, G. (October 2018). Assessing a Water-Focused Youth Education Training Program.
Two undergraduates in the department were selected to the Quest Freshmen Honorary, a student organization that works to develop freshmen into leaders by exposing them to leaders, mentors, and opportunities across campus and the community.
- Garrett Craig, agricultural education from Clay Center;
- Noah Ochsner, agricultural communications and journalism from Tribune.