The Office of Assessment has selected the Mechanical Engineering undergraduate and Computer science graduate programs as this year’s recipients of the Excellence in Assessment citation.
The Mechanical Engineering undergraduate program is recognized for its efforts and achievements in the following areas:
- Utilization of assessable criteria to measure student demonstrations of outcomes.
- Innovative implementation of Canvas for data collection.
- Clearly defined levels of achievement that expose specific learning needs.
- Use of automated dashboards to analyze assessment results.
Leading the assessment efforts in this program is Kevin Wanklyn.
The Computer Science graduate program is recognized for its efforts and achievements in the following areas:
- Effective use of assessment for curricular decisions
- Thorough analysis and discussion of assessment data
- Planning to incorporate student feedback and other data into the assessment process
- Making the assessment process useful