CSI Update

Volunteers needed for Sunset Zoo’s SPOOKTacular event

Greetings!

My name is Nicole Wade; I am the zoo’s volunteer coordinator. I wanted to let you know about an upcoming volunteer opportunity at Sunset Zoo that might interest you or some of the members of your organization. We are looking for volunteers 14 and older to help with this year’s SPOOKTacular event.

SPOOKTacular is Sunset Zoo’s biggest special event of the year and occurs on October 26th and 27th this year. Every year we need roughly 100 volunteers per day to pull off this event. I would love to have your organization be a part of it.

Please note that I cannot guarantee any particular position for the event. However, if there is something of particular interest to you, I will try to make that happen (please email this information to me at zoovolunteer@cityofmhk.com so that I know your interest). To RSVP to volunteer for this event please follow the provided instructions:

1) Click this link to see our event on SignUp.comhttps://signup.com/go/Zjrjuem

2) Review the options listed and choose the spot(s) you like.
3) Sign up! It’s Easy – you will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on SignUp.com.
4) Please list your affiliated organization; if you are not signing up through any organization please list your affiliation as “community member”.

Volunteers do not need to bring anything accept a water bottle, however we will also have water available for you. Please wear a family friendly costume or a T-shirt that represents out community (Sunset Zoo gift shop shirt, MHS shirt, K-state shirt, Konza shirt, Flint Hills shirt, etc.) We will also have name tags which we would like for you to wear.

I will send emails Friday, October 25th confirming assignments and providing additional information about the logistics when volunteering at Sunset Zoo.

Thank you so much for your consideration in volunteering for SPOOKtacular. We really appreciate everything the community does to help us put on this amazing event!

Let me know if you have any questions or if you need any assistance. Thanks!

Nicole Wade

Programs and Education Animals Manager

FrogWatch Cooridinator

Sunset Zoo • 785.587.2737 p • 785.587.2730 f

zoovolunteer@cityofmhk.comwww.SunsetZoo.com

Sunset Zoo Facebook: www.facebook.com/SunsetZoo

Sunset Zoo Volunteer Twitter Handle: @VolunteerMHKZoo

Behind the Science Twitter Handle: @ScienceMHK

Accredited by the Association of Zoos & Aquariums