For those who will be in town over the Thanksgiving break, there is an opportunity to volunteer at the annual Turkey Trot race. Volunteers can sign-up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0c49aaa82fa5fb6-2019
Those that may be interested in participating in the race can sign-up here: https://www.mhkturkeytrot.com/
The Center for Student Involvement recognized six award recipients at the Leadership Appreciation Reception, hosted by Blue Key Senior Honor Society, on Thursday, November 14th at the Berney Family Welcome Center. The annual student organization recognition awards honor individuals and organizations for their work over the past year.
The 2019 awardees are:
- Benefit Concert, Cadence A Capella, Audacity A Capella, K-State Proud, On the Spot Improv – Outstanding Collaborative Event of the Year
- Boys & Girls Club Gameday Experience, Silver Key Sophomore Honorary – Student Organization Event of the Year
- David Auckly, Math Club – Advisor of the Year
- Garba & Dandiya Night, Society for the Promotion of Indian Classical Music and Culture Amongst Youth, Union Program Council – Intercultural Event of the Year
- Ty Caffrey, Esports Club at Kansas State University – Independent Student Organization Student Member of the Year
- Zach Newman, Engineers Without Borders – Departmental Student Organization Student Member of the Year
Thank you to all who submitted nominations and thank you to our wonderful awardees for their outstanding work and support of student organizations at K-State.
Social Justice Alliance invites you to attend “Unthanksgiving” today, Wednesday, November 20th from 5:30-7pm in the Kramer Meadowlark Room.
This event takes an intersectional approach to the problems that arise during Thanksgiving celebrations, most importantly the history surrounding the holiday and indigenous people and the problem of food insecurity.
Entry is one non-perishable food item that will be donated to the Cats’ Cupboard.
Students/faculty/staff can RSVP here: https://k-state.campuslabs.com/engage/submitter/form/start/353939