Center for the Advancement of Entrepreneurship

Student Spotlight: Ty Brull

Ty Brull is a senior Entrepreneurship major who is graduating in December of 2018. His hometown is Salina, Kansas. If you come into the Center for the Advancement of Entrepreneurship, there’s a pretty good chance that you’ll see Ty. He is one of the four students that works our front desk. He serves as the president of our Entrepreneurship Club but he has no shortage of leadership involvement around campus. He’s an Academic Achievement Center Ambassador, serves on the the College of Business Dean’s Student Advisory Council, and is a former member of Sigma Phi Epsilon Fraternity. Want to learn more about Ty?

Student Spotlight Banner

What are your career plans?

“My ideal career involves making a difference for my family, the people and businesses I will work with and for, and supporting local communities. I strive to build a career that allows me to develop and implement my own ideas, strategies and thoughts for the greater good. I plan to work in an area that continuously pushes me outside of my comfort zone, and brings on risks that depend on me to handle.”

Growing up, what did you want to be?

“As a kid, I wanted to be a cowboy. When I was in middle school, I thought that I wanted to be a football coach. In high school, I decided that I wanted to be a college football commentator.”

What is the best learning experience you’ve had at K-State?

“Being on my own for the first time and getting placed in situations that really tested my patience, faith, mentality, and trust in myself, and learning how to overcome those objections and work for myself. Learning how to lead, incorporate, and support my ideas while working with a diverse set of people, groups and organizations. This taught me how to be open to new ideas, be an effective team player, and an overall better communicator.”

What is the most valuable thing you learned at K-State?

“Realizing the world is what you make of it, and the opportunities that are offered within it are endless. Work hard and smart for what you want. Have fun recognizing your own process.”

Advice