November in the Midwest:
- Rake leaves and clean up rose beds.
- To help control unwanted pests, remove all rotten fruit from fruit trees and those that have fallen to the ground.
- Winter is coming, but you can still plan for spring by planting your favorite spring flowering bulbs.
- Clean, fix and sharpen all power and hand tools so they are ready for the next growing season.
- If you have a fish pond, drape a net over the pond to collect fallen leaves. Also, add a bubbler to keep oxygen in your pond throughout the cold, frozen winter months.
- Clean out bird baths, stock the feeders.
Visit The Gardens online at www.k-state.edu/gardens/.
The Gardens are open:
Dawn to midnight, Sunday through Saturday, March through November.
The Quinlan Visitor Center is open:
10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Admission and parking is free.