BECAUSE OF YOUR GENEROSITY…
During the spring meeting of the K-State Parents & Family Association Advisory Board, parent ambassadors collaborated with me to allocate a record total of more than $110,000 in parent contributions to fund critical student-centered programs. Combined charitable gifts to the Parents & Family Fund provides an immediate impact on the following Student Life priorities:
- Alcohol & Sexual Assault Prevention (ASAP)
- An online substance use and sexual violence prevention training program that prepares students to confront and prevent serious university problems
- Alcohol-free Programming
- Union Program Council (UPC) will host an event during Week of Welcome
- K-State Family Day
- Program support for Legacy Pinning Ceremony, and other promotions and events
- Communication to New Parents
- A welcome letter is sent to parents when student is admitted to the university
- Student Emergency Funds
- Available to meet immediate needs of students in crisis or emergency situation.
- Achievement Awards
- Newly Renovated Berney Family Welcome Center
- Technology/digital signage dedicated to parents and families
- Orientation & Enrollment
- Resources for the College 101 Parent Session
- K-State Telefund: Student Calling Program
- Administer annual phone survey to parents
Additionally, I am working with parent ambassadors to utilize partial funding to develop a new food pantry initiative for students, support for the transition of the current Tutoring Center to a centralized location in Holtz Hall, and campus wellness programs.
Meeting the financial needs of students continues to be my top priority. I’m pleased to have nearly $30,000 for need-and merit-based scholarships.
THANK YOU for your generous support of the Parents & Family Fund. I simply couldn’t achieve annual goals without the generous support of parents and families. I hope you will continue to answer the call for support.
As always, please feel free to contact me by phone at (785) 532-6237 or by email at email@example.com if I can be of assistance to your student.