It’s almost that time of year, Move-In Day is almost here! Campus gets really quiet over summer and we are very excited to have all of our students back! Whether your Wildcat is a new first-year or a senior, we wish them (and you) safe travels and a very easy move-in!
What to expect for Move-In Day:
- Halls open for occupancy at 10:00am on Thursday, August 16th 2018.
- No check-ins will be able to be accommodated before that time.
- When you arrive on campus you will able to follow signs to the circle drive next the flag poles where our eager campus community will be waiting to help you unload and make way to your new space.
- Residence Life Staff will assist your son/daughter with the check-in process and can answer any questions that you may have.
- If checking in after 5:00pm on Thursday, please report to your hall and contact the staff on duty to assist you. The phone number is 785-819-7248.
- Assigned spaces will be held until 10:00pm on Sunday, August 26th so please contact me as soon as possible if your plans will have you arriving at a later date or if you are no longer planning to live with us on campus.
What to expect for uBelong Orientation Day:
- Check-in will begin at 8:30 am on Friday, August 17, 2018
- uBelong is required for students with less than 30 hours of college credit and optional for students who have more than the 30 hours.
- Schedule for Parents & Families:
9:00 am Welcome-Student Life Center
10:15 am Parent & Family Resource Session-College Center Conference Room
11:15 am Break
11:30 am Alumni Panel-Student Life Center
12:00 pm Lunch & Resource Fair-Student Life Center/College Center (Cafeteria)
1:30 pm Academic Conversations-Across Campus
2:30 pm Wrap Up
3:00 pm Optional events: Veteran Session, Campus Tours, and Student ID
1st Week as a Wildcat:
- Saturday, August 18
- 1:00-4:00 pm Jumpin’ Joes
- 8:00 pm Outdoor Movie & Pizza
- Sunday, August 19
- 11:00 am-1:00 pm Club Fair
- 3:00-6:00 pm Paintball, Elite Sports
- Transportation provided, if needed
- All day Rolling Hills Zoo, free student admissions all day
- Monday, August 20
- Classes begin!
- 11:00 am-1:00 pm Community Connection
- 8:30 pm Glow in the Dark Capture the Flag
- Tuesday, August 21
- 12:00-2:00 pm Student Support Services Taco Tuesday
- 12:00-2:00 pm Community Conversations
- Wednesday, August 22
- 11:00 am-1:00 pm Career Services BBQ and Garage Sale
- Thursday, August 23
- 11:30 am-1:00 pm Non Traditional Student BBQ and Resource Fair
- 7:00-Midnight Nitro Bowling at All Star Lanes
- Transportation provided, if needed
- Friday, August 24
- 11:00 am-1:00 pm SGA Welcome Back Luncheon
- Tuesday, August 28
- 8:00 pm SGA Ice Cream Social
- 8:30 pm First SGA Meeting
- Wednesday, August 29
- 5:00-7:00 pm First Generation Student Orientation
- Friday, August 31
- 9:00-11:00 am Fruity Friday
To do list:
Alcohol & Sexual Assault Prevention—As part of K-State’s comprehensive and proactive approach to encourage student to stay safe and healthy, K-State requires all new and current students to complete the web based Alcohol and Sexual Assault Prevention Program (ASAP). Students will get an email from Campus Clarity with instructions for completing the training. ASAP covers topics through interactive educational content and scenarios.
The program is designed to help students:
- Make healthy decisions
- Know and understand state laws and K-State campus policies
- Know local community resources associated with these topics
If you have questions about the training you can call or email the Academic & Student Services Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or (785) 826-2984.
Missing Transcripts—if your student took classes from another college/university and haven’t had their transcript sent to K-State, they need to do so soon. Please request an official transcript to be sent to email@example.com. This will be list as a hold on your student’s account, if we do not have their transcript(s) yet.
Tuberculosis Screening—all newly admitted Kansas State University students are required by Kansas Statute 65-129e to complete a TB screening before entering the university/attending classes. International students will complete TB testing as indicated at http://www.k-state.edu/lafene/requirements/tb-screening/. The easy 4 question TB screening will be available through KSIS in the “Other Academics”.
Tuition & Fees—all billing is done electronically. No paper bills will be sent. Visit the following link for instructions on how to access your bill. Also, this link has instructions on how to set up designated access for parents to view and pay tuition. http://polytechnic.k-state.edu/fiscalaffairs/cashiers/index
You will find more information regarding:
- Billing, Due Dates & Late Fees
- Payment Options
- Designated Access
- Tax Information
Tuition and fees are due by 3:00 pm on the first day of class each semester. Subsequent charges or payment plan installments are due by 3:00 pm on the 15th of the month, or on the Friday before if the 15th falls on a weekend.
Send your student a letter!
We know there’s a lot to accomplish between now and Move-In Day, we invite parents and families to write an email to their student that will be delivered on the first day of class. Pretty cool, huh? Here’s the link to the Wildcat Welcome email: https://go.k-state.edu/wildcatwelcome.
Why Can’t I see my student’s grades?
There are a few areas where college students are considered adults under federal law and parents’ rights to access information about their students are restricted.