Winter weather will be here before we know it, below are tips from the Kansas Department of Transportation for winter driving. The full article is available at http://bit.ly/1PjJtBT .
- If the weather is bad, remember Ice and Snow, Take It Slow, or just don’t go.
- Be aware of the latest weather conditions by visiting kandrive.org, calling 5-1-1 from anywhere in Kansas or1-866-511-KDOT (5368), or visiting 511 Mobile at http://511mm.ksdot.org
- Prepare your vehicle, check your tires, wiper blades, fluids, lights, belts, and hoses.
- Remove any snow on your vehicle’s windows, lights, brake lights and signals. Make sure you can see and be seen.
- Leave with plenty of time to reach your destination safely.
- In snowy conditions, drive well below the posted speed limit and leave plenty of room between cars.
- Don’t talk on your cell phone or use your mobile device while driving.
By: Ashley Svaty