If you’re looking for a quick and healthy recipe to try at home with your family, this is for you. Try this Med Instead of Meds banana oatmeal pancakes recipe using pantry essentials and you won’t be disappointed!
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 bananas, mashed
- ½ cup of old fashioned rolled oats, uncooked
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- ½ cup fresh or frozen fruit of your choice (optional)
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, bananas, rolled oats, baking powder, vanilla extract, and cinnamon. Batter should be cohesive and without lumps.
- Heat olive oil in medium skillet on medium-low heat. Once heated, spoon ¼ cup portions of the batter onto skillet and cook until golden brown on both sides (about 4 minutes on each side).
- Heat fruit in small skillet until warm, stirring occasionally. Serve over pancakes. You can also serve pancakes with chopped nuts or peanut butter on top.
By: Ashley Svaty