Late September through October is an excellent time to plant spring-flowering bulbs such as crocus, tulips, and daffodils. These plants need to develop roots in the fall and must meet a chilling requirement over the winter in order to bloom in the spring.
To learn how to plant thriving bulbs check out my blog post: http://postrockextension.blogspot.com/2017/10/planting-fall-bulbs-for-spring-color.html
By: Cassie Homan
A “love map” is information you know about someone’s likes and dislikes, hopes and dreams, joys and fears. Much like being sure you have an up-to-date road map, you need to be sure your love map also stays current.
“Know what’s weird? Day by day, nothing seems to change. But pretty soon, everything’s different.” – Bill Watterson
This is a great activity for couples who are beginning their journey together or for those who have experienced a lot throughout their partnership. The activity also opens the door to great conversations with children and grandchildren of all ages. Discuss a question over family dinnertime. You can also have a “love map” conversation throughout a walk.
Answer the questions below about yourself. Then answer the same questions about your partner. Compare your answers. How well do you know each other? Did you learn anything new?
Life Experiences and Memories:
- Who is your best friend?
- What do you like most about yourself?
- What relative did you feel closest to as a child?
- What person has had the greatest impact on your life?
- If you had a nickname as a child, what was it?
- What is your favorite childhood memory?
- What song reminds you of your relationship?
- What is your favorite memory of an activity, event, or vacation you and your partner share?
Interests and Favorites:
- What is your favorite hobby?
- What is your favorite sport? Favorite team?
- If you could go anywhere, where would you go?
- What is your favorite food?
- What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
- What is your favorite television show? Favorite movie?
- Where do you like to go when you need to relax?
- Are you a morning person or an evening person?
- Do you prefer dinner out or dinner at home?
- Do you prefer hugs, gifts, or when your partner says “I love you”?
- How do you prefer to spend your free time?
Source: Elevate: Taking Your Relationship to the Next Level developed in collaboration between Auburn University and the University of Georgia.
By: Nora Rhoades