– Transitions to the new Student Body President and Vice President will be happening on April 12th. Please reach out to President and Vice President Elect Jordan Kiehl and Lacy Pitts for any questions.
- Jordan Kiehl: email@example.com
- Lacy Pitts: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Applications for positions in the SGA Chief of Staff, Cabinet and Committee Chairs opened for the 2018-2019 are open! Serving in these positions is a great opportunity to serve in a leadership position on campus, and work as a team to create student led change at K-State. No previous experience is required to apply, and all are encouraged to look at the details of each position stated in the application.
There will be several information sessions to give an overview of SGA, the details of each position, and to answer any questions you may have. Those applying are encouraged to attend.
Chief of Staff Application: https://orgsync.com/83329/forms/315329
- Informational Session: April 5th, 5 PM in the Center for Student Involvement, located on the East side of the Union main floor
- Application Due: April 11th, 5:00 PM
Cabinet Application: https://orgsync.com/83329/forms/315338
- Informational Sessions: April 17th and 18th, 5 PM in the Center for Student Involvement, located on the East side of the Union main floor
- Application Due: April 20th at 5:00 PM
Committee Chair Application: https://orgsync.com/83329/forms/315417
- No information session, for inquiries, contact email@example.com
- Application Due: April 20th, at 5:00 PM
- Interviews: Sunday, April 22nd, time TBD
– Wellness Week is April 2nd-7th and will include Move it Monday, Take Control Tuesday (financial well-being), Water Wednesday (events to promote hydration, as well as smart alcohol consumption education), Think it Through Thursday (mental wellness), and Footprint Friday (environmental health).
– Out of the Darkness Walk is on Saturday April 14th, and is to promote suicide prevention and awareness, and starts at 12:00. To register: https://afsp.donordrive.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.event&eventID=5163
– The Smoke Free Policy goes into effect June 1st, President Myers’s announcement was emailed out in the K-State Today this morning and the promotional kick-off will start after spring break. There will be tabling in the Union, and at new student events. Head to k-state.edu/cleanair for more information!
– The GSC Fundraising committee is hosting a fundraiser at Blue Moose on Wednesday, April 4. Eat at Blue Moose from 4-11:30 p.m., mention the GSC to your server and 25% of your bill will be donated back to the GSC.
– April is Sexual Assault Awareness month and the CARE office is putting on a “What Were You Wearing” event in the Union art gallery. There will be tabling in the Union twice a week during the month of April.