Spring is almost here! So it’s time to think green for your menu. Green produce can help reduce some cancer risks, build bone and teeth health, and improve vision health.
Challenge yourself to eat more green foods. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- All leafy greens including lettuce, spinach, kale and more.
- Edamame adds protein to snacks and meals.
- Avocados can be added to sandwiches, salads and dips.
- Broccoli and broccolini can be steamed, roasted, or sautéed for a side dish.
- Green fruits such as kiwi, honeydew melon and apples add sweetness and crunch.
- Asparagus just screams spring!