While you have the grill hot for the main dish, throw on some vegetables to compliment the meal. Here are some tips:
- Grill larger pieces and chop them up when ready to serve.
- For most vegetables, toss them with a light coating of vegetable oil before grilling. An exception is husked ears of corn.
- Use skewers to hold small vegetables like mushrooms, chunks of summer squash or peppers, and small tomatoes.
- Place skinny, long vegetables perpendicular to the grate so they don’t fall through.
- Use a vegetable basket to toss together a mix of vegetables and for easy transfer from grill to table.
Chop up grilled vegetables and add to pasta!
Source: Fine Cooking, June/July 2017