You Asked It!

Helping Kansans with Food Preservation

Do you have food preservation questions? Do you know someone who wants to start a food business? The place to call is K-State Research and Extension (KSRE)!

While the University of Georgia and the National Center for Home Food Preservation (NCHFP) is a great resource, we at KSRE want to help Kansans. Dr. Elizabeth Andress, who runs the NCHFP, does not have the staff, nor does she know the regulations in Kansas required for food businesses.

So let us help! For home food preservation questions, contact Karen Blakeslee at the Rapid Response Center at or or 785-532-1673. For Kansas food businesses, contact Dr. Fadi Aramouni at the Kansas Value Added Foods Lab at or or 785-532-1668.


About Karen Blakeslee

The Rapid Response Center was formed in 1995 as a resource for Kansas State University Research & Extension Agents. Resource topics included Food Science, Human Nutrition, Food Service, Textiles, Home Care and other consumer topics. Since that time, the Center has grown to be of valuable assistance to Kansas State University Extension Specialists in those areas.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *