Since 2008, new knowledge has been gained on the proven benefits of physical activity for all ages and populations. New information on physical activity benefits include:
- Health benefits in relation to brain health, fall-related injuries, and cancer.
- Benefits for sleep, how people feel and how people function.
- How sedentary behaviors affect overall health.
- Guidelines for children ages 3 through 5 years.
- Tested strategies to get people more active.
These guidelines will be incorporated into the Walk Kansas program for 2019.