The newest tool in MyPlate, MyWins is MyPlate, MyState. It asks you: What foods, flavors, and recipes is your state/territory known for, and how do they fit into your healthy eating style?
The goals of this new portion if ChooseMyPlate.gov include:
- Connect people with local farmers and farmers markets
- Support local and regional agriculture
- Celebrate homegrown pride, foods, and recipes
- Motivate Americans towards healthier eating and living
- Bring communities together
Learn more at www.choosemyplate.gov/myplate-mystate
Thanks to Tufts University Jean Mayer USDA Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging, the MyPlate for Older Adults provides examples of food that fit into a balanced diet. This tool follows the 2015-2020 Dietary Guidelines for Americans. Learn more at http://hnrca.tufts.edu/myplate/.