If Santa put an electric pressure cooker under your tree, you may be wondering how to use it and what can be cooked in the appliance. Here’s some general tips:
- Always read and follow the manufacturer’s directions and cautions before use.
- Never fill the cooker more than 1/2 to 2/3 full.
- Use five or fewer ingredients.
- Combine foods with common cooking times, or slice foods to reduce cooking time.
- Hot foods heat up faster than cold foods.
- To adapt your favorite recipe, find a similar recipe and use it as a guide. In general, cooking time is 1/3 to 1/2 of traditional cooking time. Reduce liquid by half.
- Brown meats first for added flavor.
For more, see http://bit.ly/2jBuZ3G