Is your student looking to gain career experience outside of the classroom? Is he or she needing extra income to help pay tuition? Make sure your student checks out the Student Guide to Help and Resources to learn more about employment opportunities during college.Earn and learn. Part-time jobs in the community or on campus can help pay for tuition, books, housing and other expenses. Your student can earn part of the $15 million annual payroll for campus jobs.
Benefits of student jobs
- Earn money to help pay for college expenses.
- Find opportunities for a range of career interests.
- Build employment history.
- Broaden social and support network.
- Expand list of professional references and contacts.
- Increase likelihood of graduating.
On campus jobs
On-campus options include working as receptionist in an academic department, an usher at Bramlage Coliseum, a clerk in the university bookstore, a landscaper with the Division of Facilities and more.
Part-time campus jobs:
- Hospitality/food service
- Clerical/office support
- Social services/health care
- General labor
- Seasonal/independent contractor
- Information technology/mathematics
Largest campus employers:
- Housing and Dining Services
- Bramlage Coliseum
- K-State Student Union
- Division of Facilities
- K-State Libraries
- Division of Biology
- Department of animal sciences and industry
- Department of agronomy
Off campus jobs
Opportunities include working in graphic design, customer service, after-school care, office assistance, marketing and more.
- Retail and grocery stores
- Manhattan Town Center mall
- Businesses in Aggieville and downtown
- Child care organizations
- Medical offices
- Insurance companies
- Banks and credit unions
- Landscaping and construction firms