Do you have diabetes and want to make the best choices for your health? We can help.
Nutrition and physical activity are keys to managing type 2 diabetes, but where do you start? Designed especially for people with type 2 diabetes, the Dining with Diabetes program will help you learn the skills needed to promote good health.
This program includes:
- Planning meals and snacks with delicious and healthy recipes
- Cooking demonstrations and meals at eat session
- Motivation and support-connect with others who are living with diabetes
- Ideas for being more active
- Dining with Diabetes consists of four 2 hour long sessions.
Adults with type 2 diabetes and their family members, caregivers, and support persons are invited to participate. Individualized meal plans or guidance will not be provided.
Location: Lincoln United Methodist Church, Lincoln KS
Dates: September 9, 16, 23, 30th
Registration is required by September 3rd or until class is full. Register by calling (785) 524-4432 or at the following link: https://forms.gle/GTsnY8b7zQ4LHEKXA
The Post Rock Extension District Dining with Diabetes (DWD) program fee is $25.00. Due to funds provided by the Post Rock Community Foundation and Post Rock Extension District, the DWD program fee has temporarily been reduced to $0.
By: Ashley Svaty