The National Agricultural Center in Bonner Springs, KS is seeking a creative; out of the box thinker for it’s full-time summer 2015 Collections Management & Museum Acquisitions Internship. The right intern will have opportunities to add experiences to their education that are rarely found for interns in museums and educational centers.
The National Agricultural Center and Hall of Fame was chartered by congress in 1960 to record and preserve the history of American farmers. To that end, the center has received hundreds of artifact donations that illustrate the life and industry of farming in America. These items are being digitally archived. The intern position would be coordinating the efforts of the staff and volunteers towards that goal. The director of operations will supervise the intern and the position is unpaid and for credit only.
- Photograph and document the collections of the Ag Center.
- Act as volunteer educator concerning documentation of collections.
- Assist other staff with presentations for supporters where it concerns the collections.
- Participate in team strategic planning of the Ag Center and it’s plans for new museum space.
- Database entry and management.
- An interest in rural life and industrial-age artifact documentation.
- Self-starting personality with detail oriented personality.
- Good written communication and presentation skills.
- Comfortable talking with and interacting with others.
How to apply
Send resume and cover letter to Dr. Bonnie Lynn Sherow via email: email@example.com by Friday, May 29.