“As the new front door of K-State, the Berney Family Welcome Center will be one of the first university facilities in the country to seamlessly connect future and current student experiences with career opportunities for its graduates,” said Dr. Pat Bosco, V.P. for Student Life and Dean of Students.
With the announcement of the May 2016 move to the Berney Family Welcome Center, Kansas State University’s Career and Employment Services will unite with the Academic and Career Information Center to become the K-State Career Center.
The 2016-2017 school year will be a new experience for students as they enter K-State, explore majors and begin career or internship preparation. Some things students should look forward to include:
- Daytime Drop-Ins and Career Closet Monday thru Thursday, Noon – 4 p.m.
- Attend info sessions in the Theater, seating approximately 90 guests.
- Schedule on-campus interviews with larger interview rooms, a number of them equipped with video conferencing capabilities.
- Relax and research major and career options with the expansive Career Library on the mezzanine level of the Career Center.
- Convenient location near the K-State Student Union and the parking garage.
The career readiness of students and strong recruiting interest from industry is part of the reason why 94 percent of last year’s graduating class was employed or enrolled in graduate education within six months of graduation. Visit us in the Berney Family Welcome Center starting summer 2016.