The Couple and Family Therapy program welcomed two new staff members fall 2017. Continue reading “K-State Family Center welcomes new staff”
Author: Chelsi Medved
Carmen Knudson-Martin, PhD, LMFT and professor and director of the Marital, Couple, and Family Therapy Program at Lewis and Clark College in Portland, Oregon was this year’s guest lecturer for the Tony Jurich Lecture on Social Justice. Continue reading “2017 Tony Jurich Lecture on Social Justice”
Master’s Degree Recipients:
- Nicole Gonzales recently had a beautiful baby girl and will look for a clinical job after the first of the year. She plans to stay in the MHK area.
- Samantha Ricard is working at a group practice in Fort Collins, Colorado.
- Emily Engel is working in Missouri at a crisis agency.
- Morgan Bialas is living in Spearfish, South Dakota working for Behavior Management Systems with children and families and doing in-home therapy.
- Preston Morgan is in Manhattan and has begun his first year of the PhD program at K-State.
- Laura Schachtner is working at Southeast Mental Health Center, a community mental health facility in Fort Scott, Kansas.
- Natira Staats has begun work on her PhD at Texas Tech University.
Doctoral Degree Recipients:
- Prerana Dharnidharka is living in Mumbai, India and has recently opened a private practice in the city.
- Cameron Brown is an Assistant Professor in the Marriage and Family Therapy program at Texas Tech University.
- Stacy Conner is an assistant professor at Washburn University in the Department of Human Services.
Four master’s students and two doctoral students have been selected this year to participate in the Minority Fellowship Program through AAMFT. Continue reading “Recent Scholarships and Awards”
During spring and summer of 2017, Nancy O’Conner secured resources from the college and upgraded the Family Center audio/visual technology. Continue reading “Family Center Updates”