- Knead longer or add gluten. Sprouted wheat flour is a bit lower in gluten content. Knead dough longer or add extra vital wheat gluten.
- Use shorter fermentation time. While long fermentation gives more flavor and character, sprouted wheat flour will not raise as much.
- Cup for cup. Measure sprouted flour as traditional flour.
- Avoid rancidity. Store in a cool, dry, dark location, or even in the freezer.
- Food Safety. This is a raw flour just like all other flours. Wash your hands and clean equipment and surfaces well.
Learn more from the Home Baking Association at https://bit.ly/33odEly.