Consumers are on the go and want meal preparation to be easy and fast to fit active schedules. Yet, the slow cooker is still a go-to appliance to fix a complete meal. According to the Food Marketing Institute, in 2016, 82% of consumers prepared a nightly meal five or more times per week. Other trends include:
- 65% of U.S households own and use a slow cooker.
- 28% of men use a slow cooker for game day parties.
- Eight in 10 adults are skilled at using a slow cooker.
- Sixteen meals per person were prepared in a slow cooker per year.
- Several food manufacturers offer seasoning mixes or frozen meal packages for quick preparation.
Source: Food Technology, December 2017