Food Science Institute

Meet Your Student to Student Recruiter Austin Weber!

Our new student to student recruiter, Austin Weber, was originally drawn to K-State based on the welcoming environment. “Everyone is so pleasant with one another, and will go out of their way to help a complete stranger to them,” said Weber. “The fact that we all come from very different backgrounds and all have different passions, but are able to coincide with each other is beautiful.”

Now a junior, Weber’s initial reason for becoming a food science major has turned into a great experience. “I love food. So, I figured I would love the science behind it, and how it is processed,” said Weber. “Needless to say, I plan on being a food science student for awhile.”

Like many food science students, Weber was initially unsure about what he wanted to major in. Weber was able to discuss the possibilities that come with a food science degree, and hopes to provide that same knowledge to incoming students. “I was grateful that I had someone to talk to and help me figure out my future,” said Weber. “I want to be able to be the same person for future students here at Kansas State.”

This summer, Weber will be staying busy before returning to K-State. “I was lucky to receive an internship offer at ADM, working as a summer lab technician,” said Weber. “I will be running quality assurance testing on flour and wheat to ensure optimal baking.”