Friday, October 7, 2016, marked the celebration of a long-anticipated event; the dedication of our new College of Business Administration building. Thanks to the generous support from alumni and friends, we are working and teaching in a state-of-the-art building.
Follow the link below to watch a short video of the dedication ceremony:
We now have a lecture hall that seats 250, three 48 seat computer classrooms, three 80 seat classrooms, and thirteen 48 seat classrooms. This building was only possible because of the support and commitment of K-State alums and friends.
Here are a few fun facts about the construction of the new business building:
- 650 tons of structural steel (enough to build 540 cars)
- 4,100 cubic yards of concrete (enough to fill 1 1/4 Olympic pools)
- 1,600,000 feet of cabling for electrical and technological needs
- 421 steps: 65 more steps than to the top of the Statue of Liberty
- 101,500 square feet of glass (enough to cover 21 basketball courts)
- 91,600 square feet of carpet (2.6 acres)
- 2,840 gallons of paint (1 million square feet of coverage)
- 44,700 square feet of limestone (enough to cover a soccer field)