I think we could all spare 20 seconds to thoroughly wash our hands with soap and water. The simple task of handwashing prevents the spread of germs. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends the following steps for handwashing.
- Wet your hands with clean, running water (warm or cold), turn off the tap, and apply soap.
- Lather your hands by rubbing them together with the soap. Be sure to lather the backs of your hands, between your fingers, and under your nails.
- Scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds. Need a timer? Hum the “Happy Birthday” song from beginning to end twice.
- Rinse your hands well under clean, running water.
- Dry your hands using a clean towel or air dry them.
By: Ashley Svaty