LINK magazine

Scholarship Impact

For many distance students, scholarships are what make their education at K-State possible.

A few students who received fall 2013 scholarships shared the impact of these funds on their education through K-State, including:

• Kathleen O’Leary, Hamilton, Mont., first recipient of the Allan D. Sicat Scholarship
  • Justin Grady, Sellersville, Penn., Division of Continuing Education Scholarship for Distance Students
  • Brantley Blair, Philomath, Ore., Maurine Allison O’Bannon Memorial Scholarship

The division awarded more than $26,000 in scholarships to degree-seeking distance students for the fall 2013 semester.

See what students are saying and how you can contribute to their academic success at K-State.

Kathleen O’Leary, Hamilton, Mont.
“Your scholarship has given me hope that I will be able to complete the program financially. As you are most likely aware, graduate tuition is very high and the scholarship and grants are few. The [Allan D. Sicat] scholarship is helping to guarantee my completion for a program that will enable me to assist underserved adult non-traditional students in a high quality and professional manner.”

Justin Grady, Sellersville, Penn.
“It is with great humility that I accept the Division of Continuing Education Scholarship for Distance Students. Over the past few years, I have experienced extended periods of unemployment and temporary employment—I am now more aware of the importance of financial security than ever before. This scholarship goes a long way in helping attain this financial security, as well as the peace of mind that comes with it.”

Brantley Blair, Philomath, Ore.
“I most sincerely thank you for the honor of being a recipient of the Maurine Allison O’Bannon Memorial Scholarship for distance students. I chose to apply for this scholarship because I am a disabled Veteran returning to college after a break in my academic career. My Veterans education benefits are nearing their end and this scholarship will help ensure my education can continue.”

How You Can Help
If you are interested in learning more about supporting students and programs in the Division of Continuing Education, please contact:

Sue C. Maes
Dean
Division of Continuing Education
785-532-5644
scmaes@k-state.edu

Tracy Robinson
Development Officer
785-532-7568
tracyr@found.ksu.edu